What can unstick a zipper, remove stains and kill bugs on contact? No, it’s not Superman—it’s Windex!
Skeptical? Check out nine of Windex’s most impressive hidden powers:
1. Cut Through Grease: You know that pesky grease on your stove and pans that requires so much scrubbing to remove that you’re sore the next morning? There’s an easy fix: apply 2-3 sprays of Windex to the greasy area and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then, wipe it with a rag and the grease will slide off like butter. Note: Be sure to thoroughly wash your pans with dish soap before cooking again.
2. Unstick a Zipper: Spray 1-2 sprays of Windex on the area where the zipper is stuck. It acts as a lubricant. Slowly begin pulling the zipper back and forth until it starts it’s normal zipping duties again.
3. Add a Streak-Free Shine to Stainless Steel and Tile: Stainless steel and tile (especially tile floors) are prone to streaking, which is pretty irritating while you’re cleaning. Use Windex on countertop tiles and stainless steel appliances to find that elusive streak-free shine.
4. Actually, Add Shine to Almost Any Surface: Turns out you can use Windex on whatever surface you want! Looking to clean the kitchen in a pinch? Spray Windex on the countertops, fridge, stove top and sink. Then, quickly run a rag over everything. You can tell your houseguests it took all day – we won’t reveal your secret!
5. Clean Electronics: Windex can be used on the outer shell of electronics like DVRs, cable boxes, TVs, your laptop or desktop computer and lamps. It will pick up dust and leave your devices sparkling clean. However, we recommend avoiding the screen entirely!
6. Stain Remover: Yes, you read that correctly. Windex can be used on fabrics and carpet to remove most stains including coffee, food, drinks, blood (gross, but true), grease and oil. For small clothing stains, use two sprays and let the Windex sit on the fabric for 5-7 minutes. Then, throw it in the washer. If the stain is larger (about the size of your fist), try 5-6 sprays.
Use the same amount of Windex for carpet stains and lightly dab your carpet with a paper towel or clean rag. It may take a few rounds of spraying Windex and dabbing before the stain is gone, but if you persevere, it’ll work! Tip: Test a small amount of Windex on an inconspicuous area of the fabric or carpet to be sure it won’t damage the material before going gung-ho on the stain.
7. Calm Swelling: Did you know that Windex can be used to remove things like stuck wedding rings? It’s true! Windex reduces swelling. Apply 1-2 sprays to a swollen finger and after a minute you’ll be able to slip your ring off. Once your swelling goes down, make sure to wash the Windex off of you skin and jewelry.
8. Bug Deterrent: Windex works as bug spray for ants, flies, stinkbugs and most other creepy crawlers you will occasionally find around the house. However, we recommend that you only use Windex to kill bugs on contact, not as a preventative measure.
9. Clean a Clogged Printerhead: Your printerhead is the part of the printer that attaches to the ink cartridge and applies the ink to the page. They’re pretty temperamental, and get clogged easily especially if you have an older model. If this happens, first turn off your printer. Then, wet a paper towel with 3-4 sprays of Windex, remove the ink cartridge, and place the paper towel on the printerhead. Leave the paper towel for 24 hours and make sure the printerhead is dry before you turn the printer back on and try to print with a new ink cartridge.
JOKE OF THE DAY: Your Monday morning enthusiasm is creating a hostile working environment.
HAPPY MARCH 30 BIRTHDAY TO: Celine Dion 47, Eric Clapton 70, Robbie Coltrane 65, Warren Beatty 78, Justin Moore 31, Ian Zeirling 51, Tracey Chapman 51, Mark Consuelos 44, Peter Marshall 89, Ingvar Kamprad (founder of IKEA) 89, John Astin (1930-2014), Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890), and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) (1973-2009).
Another successful year at Gardenscape. We talked to hundreds of people and got to show off some of our new products like the deep seating re-cycled plastic furniture pictured here. As always, the organizers of Gardenscape put on an excellent show.
Huge thanks to our staff who put it all out there for this weekend. They go home exhausted every night and do it all over the next day.
JOKE OF THE DAY: You know you won an argument when the other person responds with “WHATEVER”.
HAPPY MARCH 29 BIRTHDAY TO: Scott Wilson 73, Lucy Lawless 47, Elle ‘The Body’ McPhersen 51, Terry Jacks 71, Justin Tuck 32, Jennifer Capriati 39, Brendan Gleeson 60, Cy Young (1867-1955), Pearl Baily (1918-1990), Sam Walton (1918-1992), and Philip Ahn (1905-1978).
After two days of move-in and set up, we were finally ready to meet the crowds. Our exhibit this year is three booths on one side of an aisle and three on the other side (a new configuration for us). Lovin’ it.
We had a non-stop busy first day at Gardenscape. After a calm first 45 minutes, you could see the crowd start to swell and it never let up, even over the supper hour. We are sold out or nearly sold out of some items, you never know what is going to be the hot new thing. Nice to see so many people out the first day. It helps when the weatherman gives us warm temperatures.
New this year was the display at the entrance to the building, instead of the usual gorgeous garden, there was a truck loaded with trees, plants and flowers, and huge buckets of flowers around it. It is really something out of the ordinary.
A huge round of thanks to the Charter House staff who work so hard in the weeks leading up to, during and after Gardenscape. The staff at Prairieland are always there to help out, keep things running smoothly and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
JOKE OF THE DAY: I do have an open mind, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it is currently closed for repair.
HAPPY MARCH 28 BIRTHDAY TO: Vince Vaughn 45, Reba McEntire 60, Dianne Weist 67, Kate Gosslin 40, Lady Gaga 29, Conchata Ferrell 72, Ken Howard 71, Brett Ratner 46, and Annie Wersching 38.
Saskatchewan Blue Cross Gardenscape continues to attract exhibitors from all across western Canada with more than 400 booths taking 4 halls of the Trade Center. Patrons will find a full range of products and services from industry experts for garden life and outdoor living.
Friday, March 27: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 28: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 29: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Charter House Interiors is pleased to be a part of Gardenscape 2015. We’ve had two very busy days of set up and our booth looks great. Stop in for a visit, meet our hard working staff and have a chat about the new and exciting products for outdoor this year.
JOKE OF THE DAY: You know you’re getting old when you put your pajamas and slippers on the same time you used to go out.
HAPPY MARCH 27 BIRTHDAY TO: Mariah Carey 45, Fergie 40, Pauly Perrette 46, Nathan Fillion 44, Quentin Tarantino 52, Michael York 73, Tony Banks 65, Nathaniel Currier of Currier & Ives (1813-1888), Gloria Swanson (1899-1983), David Janssen (1931-1980), and Maria Rasputin (1898-1977) daughter of the famous Rasputin.
Ah, the humble lint roller. It’s lightweight. It’s sticky. You always have one handy in your sock drawer. And it makes quick work of picking up life’s tiny messes when you don’t feel like getting the vacuum out. Seriously, you’d be surprised by how many cleaning to-dos (and maybe even a few craft projects) you can check off your list around your house—in just a couple swipes.
1. On fuzzy towels. If you notice pilling on your bath set, run over it with a lint roller to freshen the terrycloth.
2. Over your stereo speakers. Dust got you singing the blues? Whisk it away with a quick flick of the lint roller.
3. On a lamp shade. Remove everyday dirt on all your lamp shades with just one swipe—no electricity required.
4. In your purse. Spot dirt, sand or, err, cookie crumbs in the bottom of your bag? Banish them on the go with a handy roller.
5. Over broken glass. A lint roller makes sure you get every tiny shard.
6. While crafting. The roller’s tackiness is great at picking up spilled glitter, paper slivers, or other small DIY messes. But you can also quickly fashion the tool into a rolling stamp, like this one from Handmade Charlotte.
7. To trap a pesky bug. Not a fan of scooping up insects with your hands? Pick them up with a lint roller, and then toss the sticky paper in the trash.
8. In your car. When you spot dust and dirt in your car’s interior, don’t lug your vacuum to the garage. A lint roller is an easy-to-handle solution, and can sometimes fit in nooks and crannies where your vacuum attachments can’t reach.
10. In your sewing room. Errant threads, dropped pins, and even tiny buttons are no match for the lint roller’s sticky paper.
11. Before you paint a wall. Pass over your paint rollers with a lint roller before you apply any color. The sticky paper will remove any loose fibers, so they won’t stick to the wall as you paint.
JOKE OF THE DAY: I’m not totally useless. I can be used as a bad example.
HAPPY MARCH 26 BIRTHDAY TO: Steven Tyler 67, Diana Ross 71, Kenny Chesney 47, Keira Knightley 30, Amy Smart 39, Vicki Lawrence 66, Michael Imperioli 49, T.R. Knight 42, Martin Short 65, James Caan 75, Larry Page (co-founder of Google) 42, Jennifer Grey 55, Marcus Allen 55, Alan Arkin 81, Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015), Teddy Pendergrass (1950-2010), and Robert Frost (1874-1963).
A bouquet of pink tulips, along with greenery and dyed eggshells filled with daffodils, tuck neatly into an umbrella for a unique Easter door decoration.
Make the Easter Door Decoration: Tie a pretty pink ribbon halfway up a closed umbrella to create a makeshift vase for your arrangement. Create pockets between front ribs and tuck in tissue paper to support a crafts-store bird’s nest, blown-out dyed Easter eggs, fresh flowers, and greenery such as ferns and moss. When you’re finished, wire the arrangement to a hook to hang on your front door.
Editor’s Tip: To keep flowers fresh, put the stems in water vials or heavy plastic bags filled with floral foam powder, available at floral supply stores. Or use any good quality silk plant stems.
JOKE OF THE DAY: Sometimes success is just getting the laundry into the dryer before mildew sets in.
HAPPY MARCH 25 BIRTHDAY TO: Elton John 68, Sarah Jessica Parker 50, Aretha Franklin 73, Danica Patrick 33, Marcia Cross 53, Laz ‘Tsu’tey’ Alonso 41, Kiowa Gordon 25, Paul Michael Glaser 72, Anita Bryant 75, Katherine McPhee 31, James Lovell 87, Gloria Steinem 81, Jeff Healey (1966-2008), and Howard Cosell (1918-1995).
I’m sure you have seen many of these ladder gardens on Pinterest among other great ideas for DIY planters and small garden beds. After seeing so much inspiration, I decided to take this old ladder and turn it into a beautiful herb garden to place right by my backdoor.
After priming, I painted it with Valspar Encounter Satin spray paint. I absolutely love the color and it really stands out in front of the brick.
Mini Cookie Nests
1 packaged roll of refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
Mini Muffin pan
1 Container of frosting ( I used green)
1 package of Shredded Coconut
Green and Yellow food coloring
1 Ziplock bag
Cadbury Chocolate Eggs
Set oven to temp according to package directions
To color coconut use a small ziploc bag and place coconut inside adding color… 8 drops of green and 4 drops of yellow with a teaspoon of water and shake bag until all colored..set out to dry out a bit.
Slice cookie dough and half the slices and roll into a ball and place in un greased mini muffin tin and bake for 7-8 minutes.
When cooled remove from tin and add a tiny bit of frosting to the top and push colored coconut into it and add chocolate egg!!!
JOKE OF THE DAY: Being married is like having the freedom to do whatever your wife tells you.
THIS DAY IN SPORTS: 1994 – The Great One, Wayne Gretzky, breaks the NHL record with 802 goals scored.
HAPPY MARCH 23 BIRTHDAY TO: Mo Farah 31, Chaka Khan 61, Kerri Russell 38, Princess Eugenie 25, Richard Grieco 49,Mark Cherry 52, Rick Ocasek 65, Roger Bannister 85, Joan Crawford (1905-1977), and Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977) (this guy really is a rocket scientist).
Found this on the internet. This is for people who love birds and are wondering what to do with the last few weeks before the weather warms up enough to get out in the garden. The large pot lids will keep rain off the bird seed. Just when you thought nothing else could be done with a mason jar. Bases may be purchased at your local farm store.
The perfect storm! A box full of old pot lids a bunch of mason jars & a buy one get one free sale on poultry bases at the local farm store.
- 26 Apr 2017Featured Charter House Product – Zoey ChaisePeriodically, we like to feature a product at available Charter House. The Zoey Chaise has a clean,...
- 25 Apr 2017Easy Chart For Food PortioningIf you are looking to watch portion control especially at supper time, here is an easy guide to help...
- 24 Apr 2017Now In Stock – Table Top Fire PotsTable top fire pots have been an ongoing product at Charter House for years. They make great wedding...
- 23 Apr 2017Prairie River Artists Show And Sale TodayPrairie River Artists are holding their final day of their annual ART SHOW AND SALE today at Albert...
- 22 Apr 2017Liquid Detergent Or Fabric Softener Made BeautifulLaundry is a task most ladies do not care for. (I don’t mind doing laundry at all…the ho...
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013